Launched a website

myko5 said:
The addition of the portraiture gallery is great. But, I do have one suggestion for the layout of that particular page now that the gallery is added. All of your site seems centered and balanced. I feel like the wedding gallery seems less visually appealing being under the commercial gallery. Perhaps either centering it under the other two galleries, or maybe changing it to the three side by side as you did with "from the blog" section on the bottom of your homepage.

Also, I would consider ordering these three galleries in the order of your main work. If your bread and butter is weddings, place that first. Then portraiture, followed by your commercial work that you are just starting to explore options in. As a consumer looking for a wedding photographer, I might take this page as your wedding photography being a little less serious to you then your commercial work which is placed first. In turn, I might look for someone who is a little more concentrated on just weddings.

Once again, just my .02

Truth be told, when I added the family gallery, it pushed the other ones around. Not sure why, maybe it's alphabetical. I'll have to check out what's going on and why. I don't like that weddings aren't first either.

Why is it a large page with most of the subject just on the left, also it appears that none of the links work, IE9 ?

Attachments

• $a.jpg
    $a.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 127
  • $b.jpg
    $b.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 126
JSER said:
Why is it a large page with most of the subject just on the left, also it appears that none of the links work, IE9 ?

The short answer is that it's because IE is the worst browser ever created and literally no one should use it unless they have to.

Can you post a screenshot of your issue? Edit: nvm I see them now

o hey tyler said:
Hello friends if TPF. While I don't really post here much anymore, I still have a number of friends here that I am not able to keep in touch with via social media.

For those of you interested, I launched a website yesterday after a furious coding and design session with my developer and designer. I will be making some changes to my portfolio moving forward. Image wise, not design.

It does not use flash, but works best in any browser other than IE.

Questions, comments, or suggestions welcome. Thank you.

www.tylerdrummphoto.com

Website looking good Tyler, .....! IE is almost bad as the OS itself.

JAC526 said:
That is crazy. I used to use Chrome but switched to Firefox because of all the damn DNS lookup failures with Chrome.

Firefox is beginning to have too much bloat ware Chrome ftw!

Thanks ibyte. I totally agree with you in the IE front. Wish the browser just plain didn't exist.

JAC526 said:
That is crazy. I used to use Chrome but switched to Firefox because of all the damn DNS lookup failures with Chrome.

Firefox is beginning to have too much bloat ware Chrome ftw!

I got so many DNS lookup failures on chrome that I just gave up. So tired of clearing my cache. Chrome got to the point of being unusable b/c of that.

Made a few changes... Made a small box pop up (very unobtrusively) to suggest that IE users switch to a browser that's got web standards beyond the internet of 2003. Also changed the blog post header text to something a bit more fun.

A few months back I read a piece that said Internet Exploiter is STILL one of the most widely-deployed browsers, due to so,so,so many antiquated office machines which managers and IT departments have just...let...stagnate...as a way to keep workers OFF THE WEB, and busy doing WORK...on new,efficient clients like decent e-mail software, inventory programs, and other true productivity-based applications!!! So, yeah, Internet Exploiter...still in there...ruining the web experience for literally MILLIONS of people all across the workplace...I cannot recall the deployment figures for IE, but I THOUGHT it said that IE 6 (yeah!!! that's OLD and wayyyyy out of date!) was one of the most widely-deployed of the IE versions...

Just had a look at your website Tyler. I missed this thread first time round but hopefully it is not too late to leave some feedback. I think your website/photographs look great :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back