Layers of Fog

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$plymsunrise2.jpg

Sunrise in Plymouth, NH looking out over the Squam and Ossipee mountain ranges. I had been up driving all night to Northern NH photographing the Milky Way, but made it back in time for this amazing sunrise. I actually was about to pull into my girlfriend's driveway, but saw this fog peeking through the trees, so I drove a few hundred feet down the road to this field with a great view. I'm guilty of always pulling out my ultra wide lens for landscape shots, but decided to use my 24-105 to compress the scene a bit and focus more on the layers of light and color between the mountains. I definitely need to use my zooms more often for landscapes. This was actually about 10 minutes before sunrise, when the sky was the most vibrant. As the sun crested over the mountains the sky became much more dull looking.

I really like this. Love the color of the sky

Thanks man. I was so tired from driving all night, we basically went to Canada and back, but once I saw the light and fog I was wide awake again

I definitely need to use my zooms more often for landscapes.
Yes you do! Seems to be working great. :wink: This is a wonderful picture. I love the different layers (the trees, the fog, the mountains, the sky...) well defined by different colors. Excellent work.

I definitely need to use my zooms more often for landscapes.
Yes you do! Seems to be working great. :wink: This is a wonderful picture. I love the different layers (the trees, the fog, the mountains, the sky...) well defined by different colors. Excellent work.

Thank you! I've found myself going for the 24-105 more often lately, been a great change of pace and it's changed the way I approach scenes. I'm hoping to grab a 70-200 soon for even more compression on these landscape photos.

As everyone said, this is awesome. Its really saturated, but I like it a lot! Nicely done.

As everyone said, this is awesome. Its really saturated, but I like it a lot! Nicely done.

I just bumped up the vibrance by 10% or so on both exposures. This was 2, one for the sky and one for the mountains. I should probably buy a GND but it's been so easy merging 2 exposures in post and I wanna buy lenses and other toys hah

Most reactions

New Topics

Back