LCD display on SLRs

rateeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi.
Whenever i take a photo, i view it on the lcd display right after the shutter clicks.
The photo on the lcd display looks evenly tones and properly colored, but when i transfer it to a pc, it has more brightness on it and less contrast.

Does the lcd display gives different appearance of the photo?

If I am not mistaken, the LCD gives you the JPEG thumbnail display (processed). So it will look different if you are taking it with RAW. If you take it with JPEG, they should look identical.

Also, computer screens are not created equal. So chances are your photos looks different on different non-calibrated screen. (under different viewing condition as well)

There is no way an image on your LCD will look identical on your computer display.

The camera LCD and your computer display use different display technologies and are viewed using different ambient lighting conditions.

The camera LCD is useless for evaluating anything beyond focus (when you zoom in on the screen) and composition.

so how do you know if you have the right aperture and exposure?

for exposure, you can turn on highlights warning. If something is blown, it will blink. Also check out the histogram. I think you can judge the DOF pretty well on LCD, for me anyway.

Most reactions

Back