LCD Display Setting

n2xlr8n

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My company just bought me a Canon EOS T3i and I love it. When I first got it, I would take a shot, and the image appeared on the display for a few seconds, then it went back to the "Live View" mode. Someone in the company took the camera, changed a setting, and now after I shoot, the display shows a black screen with lots of information and a small thumbnail image in the corner. I found out how to change the display on playback, but that setting doesn't have any effect on shooting. I just want to be able to see only the image in the display immediately after I shoot it. I can't find anything about this in the manual. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks much!

:drool:

My PowerShot has the same settings. Take a photo, review it with the review button, then use the Disp button until you get the desired display mode.

Read the user's manual. (pages 47, 71, 176).

It's shameful Canon user's manual suck so bad.

Last edited:
It's shameful Canon user's manual suck so bad.
The manuals are just fine...well, maybe they are missing something....a huge label saying "READ ME"

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/members/96941.htmlThanks "TCD photography"! I hate asking for help 'cause the solution is always too simple. I'm not stupid...really...I'm not. Your suggestion did the trick (different button labels, but same concept).

I can't complain about the manual. It's fairly complete and well-written. But sometimes trying to put all answers into one document just makes it even more confusing, and too difficult to find anything simple.

I kinda agree with you "Big Mike", but who wants to read when they have this awesome new toy to play with?!

Thanks again, kids!

I can't complain about the manual. It's fairly complete and well-written. But sometimes trying to put all answers into one document just makes it even more confusing, and too difficult to find anything simple.
The typical problem is that you don't know the 'name' of what you're looking for, so quickly looking it up in the manual is harder.

I usually tell people to read the manual, then read it again....and yes, that is a lot less fun than playing with your new camera.
I'd suggest keeping the manual with the camera so that you can check it whenever you run into something you aren't sure of. Treat it like a 'handbook' until you really get the hang of using the camera.

Most reactions

Back