LCD, EVF, or Range Finder?

Which do you use to frame and focus?

• I use the LCD screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Can you do this with your camera:
My current one has both a flip-up LCD and a 90 degree tilt loupe that makes for some fun viewfinding postures. :D

Canon F1 and Pentax LX both have the option of interchangeable viewfinders just like the one pictured. It would be a neat feature to bring back to the future BUT I don't think there is a big push from the professional community to warrant the cost to implement.

Waist level is pretty much how MF guys (TLR too) have been shooting too.

Yeah, I was going to bring up TLR's and waist-level VFs but it pointed out yet another omission in my poll options so I decided to shut up and hope no one noticed. :D

Dang you usayit!!! :D

I used it on my later model film Nikons too BTW. Different screens are more or less useful in that style than they are through the loupe though.

You think I should create another better poll?

Last edited:
I use both. Under normal circumstances I use the viewfinder, but if the camera needs to be somewhere that my head does not fit behind, then I use the adjustable lcd.

I use the viewfinder. Call it habit. I even used the one on my Coolpix995. I have yet to use the Live View on my D300 yet. I keep forgetting it is there.

Most reactions

Back