Leading lines

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Why do some contre jour shots turn out like sepia-tone images? I don't know, but it happened with this shot of the tram tracks at Blackpool, Lancashire. This colour is as it was recorded in RAW, with the main PP being an increase in contrast.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Blackpool-tram-tracks-2.jpg

Smog? It looks like a sepia toned black and white. It is a fine image. Nice job.

Thanks for the comments guys. If anyone knows why this sepia-like effect sometimes appears in against-the-light shots I'd be interested. If not, I'll just be grateful for it when it appears!

Regards, Tony

If anyone knows why this sepia-like effect sometimes appears in against-the-light shots I'd be interested.
This is basically a bump, because I'd love to hear some knowledgeable people opine on this question. I'm basically clueless about how different light/weather conditions translate into a photo. I'm sure it's to do with how high/low the sun is, maybe humidity? Reflective effect of water? Help me!

Tony - in any case I join the chorus of praise for that shot. Great stuff.

Nice photo, I really like the color and the tracks leading to that tower.

I have always liked photos with vanishing points or leading lines, as you call it here, but your composition beats most of what I have seen before! And the colouring, suggesting a sepia toning while this is a colour photo (I assume!) is extra special, too. Lovely light, very good reflections on the rails, leading DIRECTLY to the tower (I call it "tower", would you call it that, too?) ... yeah, well, what can I say about your composition? I no longer know of any adjectives here....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back