leafy

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I was experimenting with different ways of converting to black and white using PS. I used the channel mixer for this.

Do you think i have over done it.

Any other comments welcome

leafy5.jpg

YCbCrPositioning: 2 ExposureTime: 1/250
ExposureProgram: 2 ISOSpeedRatings: 400
ExposureBiasValue: 0/2 MeteringMode: 5
Flash: 16 FocalLength: 94/1

I really like this one actually (I do happen to be a sucker for well done high key black and whites though) :mrgreen:

The little bits of, what I assume to be stem, that appear lower left and upper right do somewhat distrat me ... other than that :thumbup:

I like this a lot...some of the whites are a tad strong, but not unbearable to look at...I love high contrast pics, and this was a great choice...the contrast really adds to the textures in this one...you might try playing a bit more with it and see if you can tone the whites down a tad, for instance on the bottom leaf a bit of detail is lost around the stem...the channel mixer is a great tool for getting nice contrasty bw images though :)

Yes, you've overdone it. But isn't that what you went for? The extreme effect works for me. Looks great - and the layered composition of the leaves adds to the artistic feel.

Tuna

thanks for the comments.

You all mentioned a few things that i had some concerns about myself and was hoping you would pick up on, such as the stems at the top and bottom and the loss of detail around the bottom leaf stem.

Will bare all your comments in mind when i come to re-do it

very helpful, thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back