Leaning Tree

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
FallingTreesv6.jpg

I like it! Almost reminds me of a tree doing a leap of faith.

I wish that the rock didn't top off right at the horizon, for some reason that's drawing my eye... But the B&W conversion is nice, and I dig the composition.

I like it! Almost reminds me of a tree doing a leap of faith.

I wish that the rock didn't top off right at the horizon, for some reason that's drawing my eye... But the B&W conversion is nice, and I dig the composition.

I've played with a lot of crops and this one, this is the full size, feel free to crop yourself if you see a more pleasing composition.

One thing I would say is that your PP is a bit obvious: there's a clear outline around the trees and rocks. That outline's a good idea but a little strong for the most part. Tyler's right about the rock against the horizon, but those are my only complaints. Very nice otherwise.

One thing I would say is that your PP is a bit obvious: there's a clear outline around the trees and rocks. That outline's a good idea but a little strong for the most part. Tyler's right about the rock against the horizon, but those are my only complaints. Very nice otherwise.

good eye! This was shot a 3-shot HDR. Going back and looking at the different steps in processing, I see the Halo occurred during the exposure fusion. I think what you are seeing is a very subtle halo that was amplified a bit by the BW conversion.

good eye! This was shot a 3-shot HDR. Going back and looking at the different steps in processing, I see the Halo occurred during the exposure fusion. I think what you are seeing is a very subtle halo that was amplified a bit by the BW conversion.

I see! I was sceptical as to whether it was PP or not, but I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. The halo phenomenon is new to me; I'm learning quite a lot through this forum. As for its result, it's minor, but it gets noticeable as the rocks reach the horizon, dead in the middle of the shot. Sorry to accuse you of lazy PP on a brilliant shot, after the B+W conversion was so good!

Here's a render from a single exposure.

1shotrender2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back