invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p920991207-4.jpg

Abandoned-looking house, manicured lawn... Shot just outside of the ghost town of Manfred, North Dakota.

I have no technical CC but I will say that you have really captured a feeling here. The intensity of the sky, the carpet like smoothness of the grass, and the high level of contrast in the building. Love it.

The leaning effect ... is it from the wide angle lens, or did you have the impression the house was leaning, indeed, when you were there?
Did you get home dry, what with this sky and all? Looks cool. Menancing, but cool.

The manicured lawn, the sky, and the old house seemingly succumbing to a sink hole, all tend to make this an interesting shot. But there's something overdone about it, so I'm giving it a :thumbup::thumbdown:

The leaning effect ... is it from the wide angle lens, or did you have the impression the house was leaning, indeed, when you were there?
The house was actually leaning, and badly. I positioned the camera perpendicular to the ground and placed the horizon in the middle of the frame to avoid any distortions, then cropped the foreground to taste. No wide-angle lens distortion here, what you see is what I saw :)

Did you get home dry, what with this sky and all? Looks cool. Menancing, but cool.
The sky you see here happened right after a one-hour brutal thunderstorm (we were having lunch in a restaurant in the next town). An hour after this photo was taken, there would not be a single cloud in the sky. That's the prairie weather for you :)

This homestead capture deserves a frame. Nice work.
Believe it or not, this has been my photo that I've sold the fastest, ever. Posted it on my Facebook page on Wednesday evening, and sold a big print of it the next morning.

The manicured lawn, the sky, and the old house seemingly succumbing to a sink hole, all tend to make this an interesting shot. But there's something overdone about it, so I'm giving it a :thumbup::thumbdown:
Haha, thanks, no problem :)

Thanks everybody for your kind feedback!

Totally badass. If you walk up on the porch an old witch will come out and turn you to stone.

Most reactions

Back