Learn from My Mistakes

i've decided that what I'm going to do is pay her the $200, but explain to her that I've got 18 hours into this wedding vs her 3 and that the only reason I'm giving her the money is because of our friendship, not because I believe I owe it to her... aand we'll see if they do the right thing.

Last edited:
Her husband sounds like a real ******. I admire that you're conceding the high ground here, but I don't think someone who values my friendship would ever tell me that he hopes I'd "do the right thing." If anything, it sounds to me like the husband got greedy, not her. I'll never understand non-confrontational people though.

I think for the sake of your friendship, you're doing the right thing... but dang. I'd get things in writing in the future, and not have such snakelike friends.

yea i know.. i hate being the nice guy who doesnt like arguing with people.. always have been, and have always hated it.. i cant seem to kick it no matter how hard I try. as for getting things in writing.. it wont be an issue, as I've learned already.. and the only way someone will do a shoot with me in the future is if they approach me and know whats what

I'll throw in my bit of a story here. I am doing the ghosting thing for the first time this weekend with a professional photographer friend of mine. Our deal is if he likes any of the stuff I take, he can add it to his stuff he is selling, in return all I get is the ability to post the pictures on the net and put them in my portfolio. And the biggie of getting experience as a photographer obviously. I specifically told him I did NOT want any money for it at all. To me, if you're going to do it that way, you should be happy just to be getting the experience for free, instead of having to pay for some classes.

Just my opinion!

Wow Chris, you're way too nice. The original $100 was very generous since she's getting the experience and portfolio. Plus you did all the leg work getting the gig, closing the deal, etc. Man, I would have sent her packing when she showed up without a working camera! :)

Wow Chris, you're way too nice. The original $100 was very generous since she's getting the experience and portfolio. Plus you did all the leg work getting the gig, closing the deal, etc. Man, I would have sent her packing when she showed up without a working camera! :)

dont worry you dont have to tell me that.. like I said.. i'm just far to nice, and I know that.. its a good thing, and a bad thing

I wish I lived close enough to someone I could go shoot with and I probably would pay a $100.00 just for the experience and the insight I could gather.
Roxy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back