Learning to find the right angle

myfotoguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I guess this goes here under nature (I didn't use a macro lens).

I have taken a few handfuls of flower pictures, but not too much, really. So I am trying to improve. It seem similar to many types of photography - Find the right angle, watch your background, etc.

So here's a shot from this past weekend. I added a subtle vignette, it felt to me like that brought it all together a bit and gave it a "tidy" feeling.

Any thoughts?

Shot Info: Nikon D300, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC, 1/200 @ f/4, ISO 200, -1 EV, Matrix Metering, Aperture Priority, 50mm. The wind was blowing, I had to take a few as they were turning out soft (missing focus due to the blowing around).

p1055223585-4.jpg
http://myfotoguy.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v9/p1055223585-4.jpg

I agree with fate. Nice colors and compl

Could use a little more dof IMO. Just enough to get the whole bunch in focus. But still blur out the BG.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty pleased with it. I see what you mean about a bit more DOF.

Thanks!

The OOF flowers keep forcing my eyes to look at them ... that is distracting from the flowers that are in focus.

very nice vibrant colors! great shot ;)

The OOF flowers keep forcing my eyes to look at them ... that is distracting from the flowers that are in focus.

Thanks, I agree. I found my eyes doing the same. Definitely a bit more of DOF would be good here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back