Least Sandpiper

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice shots Kris what a cute bird.I couldn't help thinking the down tree suddenly floating away with you on it and next thing you know after you come out of deep focus mode your in the middle of the connecticut river as drift away.:lol: Hey Kris, I think you need some sun block,your legs and arms look as red as the burners when on with my electric stove top.Oh yea one last note,Whoever took the picture of you, let them no that there horizon is tilted.

Last edited:
I just love that first one; very cool! I haven't been able to get that close to a sandpiper for love nor money.

I really like your "how I do it" shot--I'm usually out alone, so I don't have anyone to take shots of me in those odd positions. On the other hand--I'm usually out alone, so I'm pretty careful about what sort of positions I *allow* myself to get into. I lie on a half-submerged tree like that in a heartbeat if I knew someone could help me if it went awry, but if nobody else is there, I try not to get myself in situations that could end badly!

That first one is great! If I may ask what lens/s do you use for your bird shots? I ask because I see a lot of raptors while I am out fishing here in Idaho's back country.

Well, there's one of the reasons I'll never get shots like yours. well done!

I would because I am a good swimmer and it's close to shore.However if it floated out to the deep, O boy would I be nervous.I was fishing off a old dock with some foam floating blocks under the dock and there was a rope from the dock tied to a tree so I thought.Next thing I know I am drifting in 30 ft off water of a fresh water lake with a pole,bucket and tackle box.I had to paddle laying down with my hands to get back to shore.When I told my older brother about it he called me a ass.He was a police officer at the time and they just pulled a body of a drowned victim a few weeks earlier.What can I say, I am a fisherman its in my blood to do stupid.

Last edited:
Nice shots Kris what a cute bird.I couldn't help thinking the down tree suddenly floating away with you on it and next thing you know after you come out of deep focus mode your in the middle of the connecticut river as drift away.:lol: Hey Kris, I think you need some sun block,your legs and arms look as red as the burners when on with my electric stove top.Oh yea one last note,Whoever took the picture of you, let them no that there horizon is tilted.

It was just a passer by that took the picture with a cell phone. I think the WB is off also, I'm really not that red :)

I really like your "how I do it" shot--I'm usually out alone, so I don't have anyone to take shots of me in those odd positions. On the other hand--I'm usually out alone, so I'm pretty careful about what sort of positions I *allow* myself to get into. I lie on a half-submerged tree like that in a heartbeat if I knew someone could help me if it went awry, but if nobody else is there, I try not to get myself in situations that could end badly!
I don't think all that many people care about the "How I" I always think it is cool to see, and I have seen a few that have sparked ideas, like laying on a partially submerged stump :)

Awesome shots.
Thank You!

Well, there's one of the reasons I'll never get shots like yours. well done!
Baturn, The more I do this bird thing, the more I realize I've gone completely mad. I get covered in burrs and ticks and mud. I often think to myself YUCK, this is gross, but if I think I can get the shot I try to push past my fears and keep trudging.. Low tide is really the worst, there is some funky stuff I've crawled on :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back