Leaves

Tangmu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Not sure why I like this one. What do you think?

$DSC06641.JPG

I like the texture of the leaf. The exposure is slightly dark. I Like shooting leafs or plants and will wet them for a different effect. This one I recently shot wet.

DSC_0002 by DarkShadow191145, on Flickr

I like it dark as is - really makes the color rich and provides good contrast with the tiny leaf. I'd crop a little on the right. The leaves in the background there don't really add anything.

It is a very nice shot, but it needs some work in terms of composition. Small silvery almost weightless leaf with the golden tint contasts the dark heavy green leaves beautifully. Here is a contrast in color, size, direction and visual weight. Contrast is one of the prime tools that make a photograph appealing. But you need to capitalise on it. Position the small leaf strategiacally as a main focal point. It also needs to be enlarged to make it more visible and emphasize the juxtaposition. Here is one of the options. Here you see the small leaf immediately ( I hope you know about the rule of thirds) and there are clear lines leading the eye to all three corners of the picture. The huge dark green leaf looks almost like a predator about to eat his catch. A very nice shot, congratulations.

$leafs edit2.jpg

Last edited:
I like the texture of the leaf. The exposure is slightly dark. I Like shooting leafs or plants and will wet them for a different effect. This one I recently shot wet.

DSC_0002 by DarkShadow191145, on Flickr

Thanks, Darkshadow, I can imagine how much better my leaves would look with just a drop of water of two on it. Thanks for the advice.

I like it dark as is - really makes the color rich and provides good contrast with the tiny leaf. I'd crop a little on the right. The leaves in the background there don't really add anything.

Thanks, KenC, When I first looked at it, I saw "a whole family welcoming a new baby", but I agree, the focus should be on the "baby", not the family.

It is a very nice shot, but it needs some work in terms of composition. Small silvery almost weightless leaf with the golden tint contasts the dark heavy green leaves beautifully. Here is a contrast in color, size, direction and visual weight. Contrast is one of the prime tools that make a photograph appealing. But you need to capitalise on it. Position the small leaf strategiacally as a main focal point. It also needs to be enlarged to make it more visible and emphasize the juxtaposition. Here is one of the options. Here you see the small leaf immediately ( I hope you know about the rule of thirds) and there are clear lines leading the eye to all three corners of the picture. The huge dark green leaf looks almost like a predator about to eat his catch. A very nice shot, congratulations.

View attachment 51381

Whow! I do know the rule of thirds, but gotta practice more on cropping. "there are clear lines leading the eye to all three corners of the picture." is very instructional, thanks, Sashbar!

Most reactions

Back