Leaving this forum

mgblunt

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't feel like I have a choice I have tried everything possible to post pictures on this site and it is impossible I guess unless you have the secret handshake I like what I see here as far as the quality of the people and photography but I CAN'T POST PICTURES so I'm moving on to see if I can find another forum that I can participate in.

I don't understand why you have problems. I just posted several photos in the gallery by clicking on the picture icon at the bottom of the editor window. Dead easy.

I am NOT a computer savvy person and I find it pretty easy. My only mistake has been forgetting to keep it below 4mb.

I don't understand why you have problems. I just posted several photos in the gallery by clicking on the picture icon at the bottom of the editor window. Dead easy.
I understood that it is better to post from a third party site so I opened an account with Flickr and uploaded my pictures then I tried to follow the instructions but when the instructions say click on the "share this" drop down menu at the top of the photo well that menu doesn't exist at least on my mac so then I tried to post directly to the site and it tells me I don't have permission, so this shouldn't really be this difficult to share a photo.

Flickr has been glitchy for me too. I find it easier to post here. "Upload a file" between post reply and more options buttons.

I don't feel like I have a choice I have tried everything possible to post pictures on this site and it is impossible I guess unless you have the secret handshake I like what I see here as far as the quality of the people and photography but I CAN'T POST PICTURES so I'm moving on to see if I can find another forum that I can participate in.
It doesn't need to be so difficult. If you post directly from your computer, you can just "drag and drop". I don't know exactly how to post a photo that is hosted at some other place.

It doesn't need to be so difficult. If you post directly from your computer, you can just "drag and drop". I don't know exactly how to post a photo that is hosted at some other place.
Drag and drop where?

when you type a post, look at the bottom of that box.
you should see a button "upload a file"
click on it, pick a picture to upload, and mash go.
file needs to be less than 4 megs if uploading directly from your computer.
then you just choose to make it full size or as a thumbnail.
easy-peasy-lemon-squeasy

Drag and drop where?

Drop into the middle of your text post. (A guess on my part, but it seems obvious)

when you type a post, look at the bottom of that box.
you should see a button "upload a file"
click on it, pick a picture to upload, and mash go.
file needs to be less than 4 megs if uploading directly from your computer.
then you just choose to make it full size or as a thumbnail.
easy-peasy-lemon-squeasy
Thank you I will give that a try!

It looks to be working for me. No secret handshake needed :D

D8C_5504.jpg

I understood that it is better to post from a third party site so I opened an account with Flickr and uploaded my pictures then I tried to follow the instructions but when the instructions say click on the "share this" drop down menu at the top of the photo well that menu doesn't exist at least on my mac so then I tried to post directly to the site and it tells me I don't have permission, so this shouldn't really be this difficult to share a photo.

I use flickr myself. Open your picture on Flickr - you'll see 4 white icons on the lower right, click on the arrow pointing towards the righ, select BBcode.

Copy and paste the string of BBcode to the forum, like this:

20160320 639 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr

I wouldn't leave the picture on this site for too long, the site requires that they be allowed to use it if it stays here. I share a pic, then after a while, I go back and remove them again.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

I wouldn't leave the picture on this site for too long, the site requires that they be allowed to use it if it stays here. I share a pic, then after a while, I go back and remove them again.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
They have to have that permission in order to let me see your post. They send your post - including any pictures - to me when I click on the thread. That means they are copying it.

Drag and drop where?
It will be inserted at the point where your cursor is, typically at the end of what you just typed. You still get the option of "thumbnail" or "full size".

Most reactions

Back