Left or right eye?

EAMArt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
eamartphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One day it hit me, I am right handed but I look thought my viewfinder with my left eye! Maybe that is why my photos are not interesting and not leveled!!! :meh:
What eye do you use?

I use my left eye but I'm right handed.

I didn't even realize it wasn't "the norm" for the longest time. It wasn't until I shot a rifle for the first time last year (i've shot plenty of pistols) and couldn't hold the gun and see the site, I was probably sitting there at the range for a good 5 minutes like: WTF is going on! this is physically impossible! Then I had an epiphany and I was like OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I should use my right eye. It feels completely unnatural to me and I'm not really able to shoot a rifle because of it, although I'm still a good shot.

Same with skateboarding, I'm what they called "front footed": I stand with my left foot forward but I also pedal with it too.

I use my left eye but I'm right handed.

I didn't even realize it wasn't "the norm" for the longest time. It wasn't until I shot a rifle for the first time last year (i've shot plenty of pistols) and couldn't hold the gun and see the site, I was probably sitting there at the range for a good 5 minutes like: WTF is going on! this is physically impossible! Then I had an epiphany and I was like OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I should use my right eye. It feels completely unnatural to me and I'm not really able to shoot a rifle because of it, although I'm still a good shot.

Same with skateboarding, I'm what they called "front footed": I stand with my left foot forward but I also pedal with it too.

Yeh, I'm right handed too but use my left eye. I think I got that way when I was just a little guy. I had to use my left eye to get my cheek down on the gun stock of a .22 rifle. Aiming with my right eye required holding my head way off the stock and my head kept bobbing around.

HUH! Well, I am not a freak! I do have a big nose that gets in the way of stuff lol.

"Oily preview screens," what does that mean lol?

left.... I thought everyone use left eye

Last edited:
doesn't your cheek press against your LCD?

I also find it difficult to use my shoulder strap as it cuts across my face and dont like wearing it on my left side.

Weird, I'm left handed and use my right eye.

I use the Left eye but I am also left eye dominant and I am right handed. If your eye dominante you can train your non dominate eye or should I say train the brain. It Works for shooting handguns or riffles but it takes time.

Right or left eye isn't something that makes much difference: right or left brain is.

Left handed and use left eye.

John.

Most reactions

Back