LEGAL QUESTION, and yes, I know I am asking for legal advice on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm... kinda a good point.

o hey tyler said:
A responder on another forum suggested I get the mother to send a notarized letter stating her dissent. I kind of think that it would be a good idea, and at the very least entertaining for me to know that she had to go out of her way to get a notarized letter and send it to me.

Any thoughts on this?

More and more I think you've got a chip on your shoulder and are looking to get into it with her.

Yes, I do indeed have a chip on my shoulder, and for good reason too.

She bad mouths me behind my back 24/7 to her ex-husband, she says bad things about my girlfriend and I to her friends (that have made their way back to me), and she's only met my girlfriend once whilst attending her wedding as my guest. She spreads unfounded rumors, that granted, don't make it very far because they're simply not true. She probably even says bad things about my photographic business behind my back based on the things I've caught wind of.

She's aware that she will not have access to any of the images or printing rights, and I have no reason to suspect that she'll get her hands on them. There is going to be nothing further done in this regard.

You are just stooping to her level. In doing so you make yourself live up to all of her expectations and remarks. By being the bigger man and just keeping your mouth shut you look like, well... the bigger man. She's making the fool of herself and if her remarks aren't true? Then she's just discrediting herself in everyone's eyes who are hearing her.

On TPF you have made a point of calling people douches, douche canoe, etc.,etc.,etc. I think you just earned yourself the stern seat in the canoe.

<Moderated> Remember when I said I don't value your input? Well, it still stands. You offer nothing but drivel and offensive remarks.

Thanks for taking the time out of your miserable life to respond. At least you have experience with a divorce. GFYS (Good for you, sir).

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa Tyler I think she is getting what she wants by pushing your buttons. To be honest I know times maybe tough, but I think you may need to let this one go.

Tyler...bro...

Count to 10 and think about this. You're a talented professional, why would you let this spiteful b!tch get to you like this? From the sound of it, you guys have of bad history, and she showed her lack of character by gossiping, etc.

Doesn't make sense to me to "get back at her" by opening yourself up to a tremendous liability from a woman who's clearly not interested in keeping things adult.

I wouldn't go near her kid with my camera.....

On TPF you have made a point of calling people douches, douche canoe, etc.,etc.,etc. I think you just earned yourself the stern seat in the canoe.

Says King Douche, lord of Douche Nation. Remember when I said I don't value your input? Well, it still stands. You offer nothing but drivel and offensive remarks.

Thanks for taking the time out of your miserable life to respond. At least you have experience with a divorce. GFYS (Good for you, sir).

Moving elsewhere. To a forum with working professionals and respectful members who actually know what they're talking about in regards to photography, and are capable of presenting opinions in a respectful manner. They also happen to realize what is opinion and what is fact, strange concept, huh?

If you'd like to keep in touch, send me a PM. I'll be back periodically.
Buh-bye TPF!

:lol:

Wow.

I blame the drugs. :lol:

Perhaps this should have been a considered forum for such questions. FreeAdvice Legal Forum

Yeah, smoking all that high-grade weed has made somebody a bit cranky!!! Well, nice to see the OP has managed to find another forum where his vast experience in photography and how to fulfill social vendettas against ex-girlfriends will make a big splash! I love the dramatic swan song exit and bold sig-file message. Door. Hit. Do not let. On way out. "eeere,eeere!"

Derrel said:
Yeah, smoking all that high-grade weed has made somebody a bit cranky!!! Well, nice to see the OP has managed to find another forum where his vast experience in photography and how to fulfill social vendettas against ex-girlfriends will make a big splash! I love the dramatic swan song exit and bold sig-file message. Door. Hit. Do not let. On way out. "eeere,eeere!"

Yes, clearly FM fits that description. Guess it was too much to expect you to be civil, eh?

Having skimming the thread, it seems that the ex-wife is kind of unpleasant. It also looks like Tyler's found a good path through the minefield, no arguments there.

But. The ex-wife might not have a legal leg to stand on, but she has a moral one. The way these photoshoots work, the photographer is taking pictures of the people in exchange for:

- money
- the subjects labor as models

The second one is pretty minor, you certainly don't use every photo for promotional use, and honestly, how much is that worth anyways, in dollars? Still, it's a real component of the deal. The ex-wife has a right to be involved when her ex-husband puts the kid to work. I'm sure the ex-husband wasn't thinking of it in these terms, I'm certainly not accusing him of being a dick. Nonetheless, this is a the structure of the deal. The ex-wife was excluded from a decision she should have been a part of.

Something to keep in mind in future.

For instance, you might decide to add a small surcharge for minor children on the grounds that you -- as a policy -- do not use them for promotional purposes. If you think a kid is a good candidate, you might request that the parents (all of them) sign here, here, here in exchange for waiving the surcharge.

Tyler's dramatic exit, by the way, is termed a "flounce" in other forums.

That contract between 50% of the child's parents holds little ground when the other 50% has stated (only with proof), that the photographer was asked not to do something and went ahead and did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back