LEGAL question...

TheGenericusername

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am doing some film to digi conversions and i was looking to write up a legal document that states something along the lines of I am not responsible for the damage to the film in the process of conversion nor the quality of the conversion. Also anything else that might be important... so my question to everyone is, how to i go about typing up a legally formated or butt covering document for free via web or you all? also what points should i include to prevent any grey areas and covering my end of the deal.

You really going to trust someone here that you don't know?

If you want a legal document that is 1/ legal and, 2/ useful, have a lawyer do it. And not just any lawyer either. You need one who has experience in the arts, etc.

At the same time, if you asked me to sign a document stating that you are not responsible for the quality of the scans, I would go look somewhere else. Why would I pay you if you don't know what you are doing?

As for damage to the film, you can put a clause for that in your contract but if it went to court, it probably wouldn't do you much good.

Cloudwalker is right.

Your business model needs to be re-worked. Talk to your lawyer first. Then when you know the legal issues you have to face, you can decide on your business model. Hopefully you'll see that you need your customer, they don't need you.

Cheers!

It's just called "intentional interference with a contract." If the interference rises to the level of a tort, then it's called "tortious interference."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back