Legal question...

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My friend has a clothing brand and made a shirt that resembles Dunkin doughnuts logo. We want to take a photo of a girl wearing the shirt but we want to do it in a Dunkin doughnuts.

Should I just pop in and try to take the photo quickly or should I call ahead and ask the owner/manager??? Is it illegal for me to take a photo inside an establishment without permission???

My friend has a clothing brand and made a shirt that resembles Dunkin doughnuts logo. We want to take a photo of a girl wearing the shirt but we want to do it in a Dunkin doughnuts.

Should I just pop in and try to take the photo quickly or should I call ahead and ask the owner/manager??? Is it illegal for me to take a photo inside an establishment without permission???
The only illegal thing is getting caught, BUT this plan sounds like a bad idea all the way around. The store could make a case for trade-mark infringement, trespass, etc. If you really want to do this, discuss it with a lawyer first, but I would STRONGLY advise against it.

This sounds like an awful idea imo imho tbqh.

This has copyright infringement stamped all over it.

This thread already has win all over it
bigthumb.gif

It's "Dunkin' Donuts" btw.

I think I see Dunkin' Doughnuts more often than any other misspelled brand name in the world. Why does nobody ever write Coca-Coughla?

No copyright issues....................http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html#title

How do I copyright a name, title, slogan or logo?
Copyright does not protect names, titles, slogans, or short phrases. In some cases, these things may be protected as trademarks. Contact the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, 800-786-9199, for further information. However, copyright protection may be available for logo artwork that contains sufficient authorship. In some circumstances, an artistic logo may also be protected as a trademark.

But, your friend's clothing brand should plan for some potential clothing brand killing, expensive, trademark issues because the Dunkin' Dounuts logo is a federally registered, ®, trademark.

The tee is dunkin doughnuts themed. I figured if I popped into a dd and popped a shot there wouldn't be a major issue. Most likely would go unnoticed. I was just concerned about taking a photo in their establishment not a copyright issue, believe me were not concerned about the trademark/copyright. My MAIN concern is taking a photo in their establishment

If you aren't concerned about the trademark, you should be. It's a much bigger problem than trespassing.

If you aren't concerned about the trademark, you should be. It's a much bigger problem than trespassing.

The tee is dunkin doughnuts themed. I figured if I popped into a dd and popped a shot there wouldn't be a major issue. Most likely would go unnoticed. I was just concerned about taking a photo in their establishment not a copyright issue, believe me were not concerned about the trademark/copyright. My MAIN concern is taking a photo in their establishment

Some good reading you might want to check out:

How License Plates Are Made | eHow.com

BOP: Inmate Programs Main Page

Sounds like you may need to know some of this stuff. :lmao:

The creation of the tee and the likeness of any logo is not my responsibility. I simply inquired about taking the photo in te establishment and have gotten no solid feedback about that directly.

The creation of the tee and the likeness of any logo is not my responsibility..............

It will become your responsibility when your name is filed in the lawsuit.

The creation of the tee and the likeness of any logo is not my responsibility. I simply inquired about taking the photo in te establishment and have gotten no solid feedback about that directly.

I didn't rob the bank, I just drove the get-a-way car. Why should I be worried, I'm not responsible for the bank robbery.

You have gotten solid feed back, you just don't like the feed back.

Most reactions

Back