Legality question!

aceshooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Whenever I do photo-shoot, I always have my model sign a release waiver. However, I was photo shooting for a restaurant and yes, they verbally got consent from their customers for me to take pictures of them (and the reason/usage of these images), but no form or waiver of any sorts. And although I took the pictures any who, I am worried to release these pictures to my customer simply because of the fact that they could plausibly be sued by a client who is in one of those pictures. Is there any type of release form I could make them sign in order to exempt me from any future lawsuits that may occur? Thank you!

United State's

Legal laws are best left to the lawyers, not armchair experts. If you're really concerned, consult one. What will you do with any advice you get here? There might be a lawyer amongst us but are you going to bet your wallet on that?

Contact an attorney qualified and trained to practice publication/image release law in your state (choose carefully). An online photography forum is not a good place to get reliable legal advice. (see my siggy ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓)

In the US, model release statutes (laws) vary by state.

In general, the restaurant would be well advised to have written, properly executed releases forms on file from each customer in any image they intend to publish for use promoting the restaurant.

You would also want properly executed releases forms in your files from each customer in any image you intend to use to promote yourself.

Ok thank you figured I'd need attorney but was hopping to avoid one. If it helps the.restaurant is in AZ .

Most reactions

Back