Leica M3

drewjitsu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello -

I am in the business of junk removal. Obviously, not everything we take away is junk. I came across this camera in a garage of a now deceased woman. It apparently belonged to her husband or father who was a captain in the army...it came with lots of great photos from postwar Japan and the Phillipines. I triple-checked with her daughter to see if she wanted to keep it (I could tell it was a quality piece of equipment), but she said no.

From the research I have done it appears to be very desirable, so I am trying to gather as much information as I can about it before I consider selling it. It might be a good excuse to take up photography if I decide to just hold onto it!

I am very excited about this find and any info about it or how much it could sell for would be greatly appreciated

Anyways here are the pictures:

ebea7098.jpg

STA60013.jpg

STA60012.jpg

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Leica cameras are the cream of the crop in the 35mm world. That M3 you picked up is worth a pretty penny, and appears to be in pristine condition. I'm not sure what the book value is, but the going rate on eBay is btw $400 and $800. Hopefully Mitica, our resident vintage camera guru will weigh in on this one. It is a very nice camera indeed, though not exceedingly modern.

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think ive fallen in love:heart:

That is an amazing looking camera.

OP
D

drewjitsu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Oh and I have the instruction manual as well...evidently it has not been used much...along with the camera I found an unopened pack of bayer aspirin and band-aids from the late 1950's, travel logs, and other random items that indicate the bag it was in had not been opened in a very looong time.

Also discovered were a couple of older 8mm video cameras and a couple pretty cheap-looking older Polaroid cameras.

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Check my other reply for this one. :)

Most reactions