"Leica"-sunsets (clouds borrowed by Mr Wood Sac)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a scanned in print-panorama, ie. two prints sellotaped together and then scanned. They were not planned as a pano, only when I collected my prints today did I see that they might work as one --- but the sky ... the sky does not fit together. Anyone there who could remedy this?

130243856.jpg

Must scan in more "Woodsac-Cloud-Machine-sunsets" (there are a good many more), but for the time being I have this one here, which is a make-believe pano (a crop, the overhanging twigs were way too distracting and there was too much black below).

130243857.jpg

Compositionwise this second (Little Town At Dusk) is not good, what with the mobile phone relay tower very much in the centre, but I must admit I did no longer see much through the Leica viewfinder... no excuses... :roll:

Well you know I love clouds :biggrin:
Glad to see you got some open sky there for a change!

If you post both scanned versions as seperate images, I'm sure that myself or someone else could try and correct the lighting and stitch them together for you ;)

Well, I hope I chose the right ones, I think these two formed the "sellotaped pano" ;)

130280716.jpg

130280723.jpg

Is there any stitching fanatic out there who would like to try his hand on these to create something similar (but certainly better!) to what I did with taping the two prints together?

Here are just some more "Leica"-sunsets that I took on the same night:

130280734.jpg

130282164.jpg

130280728.jpg

130280730.jpg

130280725.jpg

All photos taken with the Leica, scanned from print - and it is upsetting and a pity to see in how far the scans don't do the prints any justice AT ALL... :(

Wow :goodvibe:

I really have not the faintest idea of how this could be done, but --- yes, that is the idea. For this it was worth sinking into the muddy meadow to get to this very point, yes :D. Thank you - thank you - thank you (and thank you for being the only one interested in my photos at all :hug:: )

Seem like great shots, and a great place to photograph.

What kind of camera were you shooting with, and what film speed?

You're very, very welcome ;)
You always have a smile for us, so it's nice to give one back :biggrin:

Aaaannndd...I really like 1, 2 and 3 of the newest additions. Hard to pick a fav, but I think it would be #3.

Viajero said:
Seem like great shots, and a great place to photograph.
It was a very wet place, too, my feet almost sank into the mud of that very wet meadow ;)

Viajero said:
What kind of camera were you shooting with, and what film speed?

It is my dad's Leica M5 with the Summicron 35/2 that I may have for the time being, and filmwise I am not doing good because I need to economise, therefore it is only the cheap Fujicolor DX-F 200° :(. At first I had planned to only photograph in black+white with this camera, for it feels the right thing to do with it, but THESE here would not have worked in b+w, of course, they "live" through their colours, and getting prints made in b+w costs me 40 times more than prints in colour :shock::roll:...

woodsac said:
Aaaannndd...I really like 1, 2 and 3 of the newest additions. Hard to pick a fav, but I think it would be #3.

Thank you again ... and should I have these scans "tidied up" by NeatImage, you reckon? The prints are sooooooooooo crisp and clear and sharp and everything ... and nothing of that shows in these scans, which is such a nuisance!
Did you put the pano that you made for me (thanks again a million times!) through NeatImage or some other noise reduction programme?

The more I look at them the more I feel irked :irked: by the scr**py scans here! But I can't ask my husband to give me a newer and better scanner every other year... I might try to scan in the negatives, but this scanner here does not give me the best of results in that area, either... maybe I must present them here in only half their size (no longer 800 pixels across, but only 400?) I feel soooooo :irked: - you really must all think these are cra**y shots.......... :roll:

Corinna... that's unfair.. why do you have wonderful sky there? actually you are not so far from me... (800km? around?) ...

That was ONLY last week on Friday.
I was on my way to the shops, thought, hang on, that is nice, whipped out the camera, parked the car, RAN into the woods and out the other end and stumbled into the mud of the meadow to get to the point where I knew I'd get a decent view, almost missed the sun, took the photos, and went shopping ;) :biggrin:

I ran it through Noise Ninja. Same concept as Neat Image. I also had to do a little bit of low opacity cloning. Skies can be really tricky to work on ;)

Beautiful shots LaFoto... love the black silhouettes against the beautiful skies...

Woodsac, that's awesome! Great job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back