Lemme introduce my little friend!

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i was on the way out of the door, and right where i usually step on (since there's mud everywhere except on the concrete) i find this guy. I run in and get the cammera, and start shooting. I took about 10 pictures progressively getting closer. This was the second last one i took before the lizard ran away, the last one focused on his stomach because i was in a rush.

Wadda you think, also any sugestions to improve shots such as this in the future?

(I don't know why the picture is so underexposed. The area i cropped off was darker then the rest of the picture so my camera must be going crazy.

liz.jpg

Cute little devil...love his expression.

I can't fault the composition in anyway, its frame so well that you don't miss the tail being outside the frame. I think the DOF is good too.

hrrm. I don't see this picture as being underexposed, but the tones are a little flat to me, maybe bumping up the contrast, curves and saturation will help.

The overall impact is there, my reaction was the same as mr sids! nice shot garbz! :thumbsup:

I say the same: nothing there that needs any changing in the composition, you did a great job here. Focus and DOF appeal to me, too, and since the sun apparently wasn't shining, I don't find fault in the light, either. Keep in mind that this was not a prepared photography session, but a spur-of-the-moment thing. And for that it is really good.

thanks a lot for the positive input guys. No sun wasn't shining, it was a pretty dodgy day except for the sunrise caputred in another thread. I played with it a bit.

liz1.jpg

Cute little guy...looks skinny and hungry though.

Do you know what kind of lizard that is? Looks a bit like Pagona vitticeps (Bearded Dragon). I have a couple of those but they look a little different.

Garbz said:
I don't know why the picture is so underexposed. The area i cropped off was darker then the rest of the picture so my camera must be going crazy.

Possibly it underexposed because there aren't many dark tones in this image. The meter gave you the recommended exposure for middle gray, so the pic turned out gray. When shooting a predominantly light subject, over expose 1 or 2 stops from the meter. One stop probably would have been good here.

The same goes for predominantly dark subjects; if you don't want them to turn out gray, under expose a stop from what the meter says. Although beware of losing shadow detail if you underexpose too much.

Most reactions

Back