Lemon or Lime? C&C

Skedaddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It may not look like it but it is a lemon that is still growing on the plant. The question is, which photo is better? I like different aspects of both photos but I'm having trouble deciding which one I like better. Or should I just keep both? Is the glare distracting?

(1)
3772979887_e5379df33a.jpg

(2)
3772980309_082b0319b2.jpg

Now I have two more photo that I can't choose from. Is the first one more appealing or the second? In the second photo, is the orange flower in the top right corner distracting?

(1)
3772983899_878eea1446.jpg

(2)
3773787210_24ae6454db.jpg

I don't think we will make your choices FOR you.
Here are MY opinions though.
Out of the first set, I like the second one best, I believe if you cropped off some of the bottom, I would like it even more.
Out of the second set, I like the second one best (no, I do not like only second photos of sets, okay yes I do) and I do not believe the flower in the upper-right is distracting....my eye is led from the drop on the leaf to the leaf to the leaf above it and then to the "distracting" flower...its a great path for my eye and an awesome photo....great job...

Thank you for replying. I agree about the second lemon photo. I like the shadows from the leaves on the brick behind the plant. As for the the second photo of the second set, I think you helped me see what was bothering me about the first photo. When you said there is a path in the second photo, I went and looked at both leaf photos again. The reason the first photo bothers me is because I feel like there should be a past for my eyes to follow but it's cut short.

i want a limeade (even though thats a lemon) so bad now :lol:

the greens on that thing are brilliant.

I think the first of each set is more pleasing in terms of composition. I find the background for the first lemon shot a bit distracting, though. They look great, though: very crisp and sharp.

I like the 1st and the 4th picture.
1st because the "rule of thirds" is applied well and its nicely framed
4th because even though the flower in the background may seem distracting but its making this shot a "full" picture.

I really like the composition of the first lemon picture. I agree about the crop on the second.

My opinion ;): none really work for me as is. Here is what I would suggest.

Lemons -- I like the second one best, but I'd crop out the bottom row of bricks.

Leaves -- I'd like the second shot if [A] you cropped just below the top set of leaves. OR cropped the bottom off right at the top of the black end on the stem.

Thank you all for your help. :) I'm going to crop the photos that need to be cropped but I don't think I'll keeep the first leaf photo.

Most reactions

Back