Lens Adapter help

rusty9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
before i start, i will say i googled this with not much luck.

my dad found his old film photography equipment.
included were 2 minolta slr cameras, flashes, filters, autowinders, lighting umbrellas, and lenses

my question is about the lenses. he has these lenses (all minolta brand):

50mm f/1.4
35mm f/2.8
135mm f/2.8
35-70mm f/3.5 w/ macro feature - 1:4-1:7
75-200mm f/4.5
85-205mm f/3.5

this would be a GREAT addition to my camera, but i would need a minolta to nikon adapter. does any one knows if this exists?

before i start, i will say i googled this with not much luck.

my dad found his old film photography equipment.
included were 2 minolta slr cameras, flashes, filters, autowinders, lighting umbrellas, and lenses

my question is about the lenses. he has these lenses (all minolta brand):

50mm f/1.4
35mm f/2.8
135mm f/2.8
35-70mm f/3.5 w/ macro feature - 1:4-1:7
75-200mm f/4.5
85-205mm f/3.5

this would be a GREAT addition to my camera, but i would need a minolta to nikon adapter. does any one knows if this exists?

They exist though generally they aren't to great of quality. If they have glass so you can focus to infinity since its usually not the best glass, and if there is no glass you can't focus to infinity. It also ups the crop factor a little.

Thats not to say you can't get great pictures. I use my minolta lenses with my DSLRs on occasion.

You could also put them all in a box and mail them to me too if you'd like. :lol:

Basically from what I have looked into, the above is 100% true. The adapters with glass are questionable, and those without are basically macro only...

However I literally just ordered a with glass one. and I'll let you know how it goes once I have it. Shipping from Hong Kong takes a bit... Worth a shot, far far cheaper than trying to find Nikon lenses at even close to the cost of that adapter.

Most reactions

Back