Lens advice?

rmh159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for a lens to replace my 18 - 55 kit lens... any recommendations? It'd be the lens that most likely gets the most game time and I don't want to lose the wide angle. I'd also like to get a 2.8 and keep it under $1000, ideally closer to $500. Any advice?

Just got this lens in the mail today for my 30d. So far the results seem great. But then again thats one days use.

I'm sure they have an equivalent lens for Nikon, but I replaced my kit lens with a Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 Di for around 300.00, its a great all around lens that performs better then I would have guessed for the price.

I was about to post the same thing:

Someone advised me to replace my kitlens with the Canon 85mm 1:8. What do you guys think? I am also looking at the 100mm 2:0[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif].

*edit*

At B&H, the lenses for Digi SLR are called EF. I thought EF-S where the ones i can use for my 400D. Confusing.

[/FONT]

My advice is don't do it until you can do it right. Doing it right would be the 17-55 f2.8 Nikkor. Since it is beyond your budget, use what you have. It is not a great lens but it is a competent one.

This is confusing. I dont know who replied to who. Will make my own post

Most reactions

Back