Lens Cabin?

JonathanNYC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone ever ordered from them? Their prices seem too good to be true... i am a bit weary, has anyone had success from them in the past?

http://www.lenscabin.com/canon-70-30...0.htm?CartID=1

31346450-2.jpg

clear1x1.gif
Description
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Left_Top.gif
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Right_Top.gif
clear1x1.gif
Focal Length 70 - 300 mm
Aperture Maximum: f/4 - 5.6
Minimum: f/32 - 45
Camera Mount Type Canon EF
Format Compatibility 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
Canon (APS-C)
Angle of View 34° - 8°
Minimum Focus Distance 3.94' (1.2 m)
Magnification 0.21x
Maximum Reproduction Ratio 1:4.76
Groups/Elements 14/19
Diaphragm Blades 8

Our Price: $1,169.00
Sale Price: $889.00
Savings: $280.00

I mean this lens for $889??? fishy? what do you guys think?

That is half of retail. That lens retails for $1599.00. I, frankly, would be leary. The best price currently on Amazon is $1499 and $1,487.75 on ebay. I dont know how or why they would possibly sell it for $889.

Reseller Ratings doesn't have an entry on them. That either means they're new, or they're small.

You're obviously suspicious (why start the thread if you're not?). I would pass and buy from somebody you don't have to ask questions about first...

Considering that their 'Contact Us' link is a live.com email address... and if you google 'lenscabin.com reviews' it's nothing but bad talk... I wouldn't order from there.

I think they are the same outfit as Lensclearance.com Lens Clearance Reviews - lensclearance.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

thanks for the good advice guys.

if its too good to be true....

edit - I have looked up their domain information and they are hosted through Godaddy.com I reported the site, not sure if what they are doing is considered "illegal" but lets see.

Last edited:
I suggest you to check Amazon too, unless you already havent done it. They do have good offers there too.

Sometimes I see a too good to be true on craigslist and it ended up being true!!!! LOL. I bought my 100-400L for a whopping $950!

If you purchase with a visa/MC the purchase is insured! Why not save money! Wish I would have seen this site prior to spending $2300 on my 70-200 f/2.8 VRII

Landed on this forums when I tried to search Lens Cabin reviews. Doesn't seem like anyone has done any business with them, the only thing I've read is that it could be a spinoff of Lensclearance.com but that's just speculation.
I've been itching to get the 24-70mm, f/2.8 so I decided to try them out. I agree it does look too good to be true considering B&H has the same one for $1599 but I'm using my Visa credit card so I'm protected in case anything happens. I called my bank to make sure I can dispute it within reason.
So I pulled the trigger on the 24-70, 2.8 just now.
Original LensCabin.com sale price: $1,039.00 plus $50 off 1st new order, free USPS parcel shipping.
Received a shipping confirmation via email.
Waiting to see if and when they send me the tracking#.

Considering their website looks like a mentally handicapped junior high school student designed and coded it, I wouldn't purchase anything from them.

I would prepare yourself for the classic bait & switch... Have they charged your card yet?

interested in the outcome of this too... I hope for his sake it pans out

Most reactions

Back