Lens Care, Cleaning Cloth, What do you use?

From NikonUSA.com: Super Integrated Coating and Nano Crystal Coat from Nikon

Super Integrated Coating and Nano Crystal Coat
Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses. This multilayer coating helps reduce lens flare (the appearance on the image of the distinctive shape of the lens diaphragm, caused when non-image-forming light enters the lens and hits the camera's sensor) and ghosting (bright spots of reflected light that appear on the image, the result of the camera being pointed at a bright light source). Nikon's Super Integrated Coating is especially effective for lenses with a large number of elements, and the multilayer coating process is tailored to the design of each particular NIKKOR. The number of coatings applied to each lens element is carefully calculated to match the lens type and glass used, and also to assure uniform color balance.

i use any cheap uv filter i can find. anything for protection

SO you put a cheap piece of glass in front of your expensive lens?

I never understood this either. Anyways I run naked with a hood and use the lenspen for cleaning and a microfiber if there is anything really on there. The lenspen works amazingly. I highly recommend one

i use any cheap uv filter i can find. anything for protection

SO you put a cheap piece of glass in front of your expensive lens?

I never understood this either. Anyways I run naked with a hood and use the lenspen for cleaning and a microfiber if there is anything really on there. The lenspen works amazingly. I highly recommend one

what is the hood made for?

I'm totally new to photography.

Microfiber cloths or KimWipes. I always have several fresh ones in my gear and lens bags.

No filters,
I breath on them and wipe em with my cotton shirt.

I always have the caps on when I am not actually taking a picture so they stay pretty clean, very seldom require a wipe off.

Most reactions

Back