Lens Compatibility

mrsclark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My husband got me the Canon Rebel Eos T3i for Christmas. It will be here next week. My problem is I have heard that some lenses from one camera are compatible with another one. I have a fuji finepix s700 and am wondering if any of you know if the lenses from the fuji are compatible with the Canon.

I mean the extra lenses I bought for the fuji. Sorry about that.

nope. Canon mount only, meaning real Canon lenses or third party manufacturers that make lenses with Canon Mount. (Tamron, Sigma). In some cases there are adapters available. But a finepix doesn't have a removable lens so I'm not sure what you are talking about. If you are talking about lenses that screw on the front of another lens, then it will depend on the ring size, but those aren't true lenses.

Thank you Amanda. That's what I was talking about, I have the adapter rings for my fuji but that was what I was wanting to know. Thank you so much. :) I am new to the canon. I did not like my fuji at all....

Thank you Amanda. That's what I was talking about, I have the adapter rings for my fuji but that was what I was wanting to know. Thank you so much. :) I am new to the canon. I did not like my fuji at all....

Dont waste your money and time using those add on lenses they are rubbish

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Thanks gsgary.... I got the 18m-55mm lens and the 75-300mm lens with the camera.... are these good lenses for someone starting out? any suggestions on things I may need to look into buying? I took photography classes back in high school, but this was back when you developed your film...lol so it has been a while...

Those lenses will get you started. If I had to recommend one other lens it would be the 50mm 1.8. It runs about $100 and is a very sharp fast prime lens. Its my favorite lens in my bag. But, don't think that you have to go out and buy a bunch of stuff. Its more important that you learn about exposure and composition before you go buying lots of accessories like Speedlights or filters or the like.

I like all of the Digital Photography books by Scott Kelby. I checked all 4 out from the library. Read your manual front to back, get some photography books for beginners and just start shooting.

When you get a good pic, post it to the forum, but don't be surprised if the critique sounds harsh coming from here. We are a community that is committed to giving honest critique so that we can improve.... lots of us here do not sugar coat anything.

I can't wait to see your work once you get started.

I bought The Digital Photography Book Volume 1 - 4 by Scott Kelby off amazon.com.... Recommend them to everyone... Lots of useful information! :)

I have pics I have taken with my other camera... I just dont know how to post them on here as I am just getting started on here as well.

$Carrie Wedding dress edited blk wht wcolor.jpg
I didn't take this one... I did however set the settings and had a friend release the shutter. Me on my wedding day. I edited it. Was taken with my maid of honor's canon. Dont know what model she had though, can't remember. Any suggestions on what to do or not do with photos like this in the future?

Thanks gsgary.... I got the 18m-55mm lens and the 75-300mm lens with the camera.... are these good lenses for someone starting out? any suggestions on things I may need to look into buying? I took photography classes back in high school, but this was back when you developed your film...lol so it has been a while...

You don't need to buy anything else just practise and build your knowledge, by the way i still develope film hardly shoot any digital now

I loved developing my own film. Wish I had room to build a dark room....

I just started developing my own film again. I had access to the college lab, but now I'm building up the supplies to do it at home. I'll be developing in my bathroom and having a "portable" set up for now. I have way to many hobbies to build a dedicated space for a dark room.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back