Lens FAQ

sxgt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK this is actually a question about a VIDEO CAMCORDER. I am looking to buy a camera for amateur video productions/hobby. And there are a lot of different lens sizes out there. Whats the difference in a 35mm and 77mm lens as far as image quality and what the final result is?

image quality doesn't change...
77mm will be a more "closeup" image than 35mm

so i can fit more stuff into a 35mm lense then a 77mm

OK this is actually a question about a VIDEO CAMCORDER. I am looking to buy a camera for amateur video productions/hobby. And there are a lot of different lens sizes out there. Whats the difference in a 35mm and 77mm lens as far as image quality and what the final result is?

What camera are you looking at buying? There aren't too many camcorders, if any at all, that allow you to swap lenses. I know the Canon XL2 does but thats not really a comcorder. So what is your final output gunna be (web, DVD, tape etc)? The lens can affect quality when shooting video.

dont need swappable lenses. Just need audio in plug and quality image. I want to thro down about 500$

Do you want a camera with manual gain control on the audio in, or will AGC (auto gain control - usually a disaster) be adequate? What sort of mic or other audio source will you be using?

Best,
Helen

so i can fit more stuff into a 35mm lense then a 77mm

You should never fit any stuff into a lens. If you are not an expert, I would not even open the lens barrel or anything. you will only wreck it that way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back