Lens for a D200

bloblo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i dont want zoom lens, autofocus is optional
i need bright, crystal and sharp lens for no particular purpose
im looking for an interesting focal though i have no experience with the 1.5x ratio and cant figure out if for example a 50mm 1.8D would give me what i need. on the other hand 35mm is an equivalent of 50mm when i mount it on my d200 - will that feel like a normal 50mm mounted on a 35mm film?
just give me some advice what lens to buy now as im getting rid of zoom lens, practicaly useless for me and too dark
prettty thankx

id like a lens i can walk around with and shoot whatever i want and maybe one for macro, which ones are better and so and so
nikkor preferably, but ill take a good opinion on other brands as well

i think we need a few more details before we can give accurate suggestions...what's your budget? do you shoot more landscape type pictures or candid people pictures (that helps decide the focal length)? how big of an aperture do you 'need'?

there's pretty much no way that you can have a prime that will allow you to shoot 'whatever you want'.

maybe a 60mm Micro from Nikkor would be what your looking for. Tack sharp lens.

well ok, i got no landscapes to photograph so far so im stuck with the streets i guess
budget round 1600$, i rarely use f/22 so i guess f/8 or something wouldnt hurt either
kevin wouldnt a 60mm so a 90equivalent be too tight?
could you possible send me some pictures taken with an slr with 1.5x and with such kind of lens? thanks!

i agree that the 60mm is a great choice. it's just good to have something a little more flexible, but if you're only doing macro then it doesnt matter really.

i dont do macro only, quite opposite, but i do enjoy that from time to time
but my question is - will the 60mm be a good choice with 1.5x?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back