Lens for Nikon D40X

Evans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,
I have had my Nikon D40x now for nearly a year and am very happy with it,I'm still a very much amature photographer :mrgreen:
I'm very interested in doing macro shots and have been looking for a suitable lens. The one I have been looking at is the Nikon AF-S VR Micro 105mm. What I'm confused:confused: about is that after reading different posts is that the D40X would have to manual focus?? is this right? Also Iam led to believe this lens will be great for portraits....
Hope to get some feed back.

it will auto focus since it is af-S which are built with in-lens auto focus motor to accommodate the d40/d40x and the d60 so no worries there. i don't know about how good it is for portraits though...

If it's an AF-S you should have no problems with the autofocus on the D40x. To be honest I've been looking at that lens as well - for my D40x (and possibly D300 but I'll be making another thread about that). But if using that lens for it's intended purpose, i.e. macro, I think you'll probably want to manual focus most of the time anyway

It wonder if any of the other members have had any experience with that lens?

Most reactions

Back