Lens for Rebel XTi

Matrix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys/gals,

I have the standard Lens with my XTi & a 70-200mm. Im going to go to the Zoo next month and was wondering what lens would be better, I'm thinking the 70-200mm would be for closeup on the animals. But I wouldn't mind having an open mind on other lens as well.

Thanks,

M

Welcome to the forum.

What version of the 70-200 do you have? There have been several different models over the years.

You might want to have a fast prime lens...meaning a lens with a large maximum aperture. This will help when the light isn't great and it's not a good idea to use flash. Maybe a 50mm F1.8 or 85mm F1.8.

Welcome to the forum.

What version of the 70-200 do you have? There have been several different models over the years.

You might want to have a fast prime lens...meaning a lens with a large maximum aperture. This will help when the light isn't great and it's not a good idea to use flash. Maybe a 50mm F1.8 or 85mm F1.8.

the lens reads Promaster Spectrun7 1:4~5.6 f= 70~210mm, whatever that means.

I wasnt very good in photography back then. never understand all the diiferent things to do with a camera just let the camera do the work, but now want to learn as much as I need...LOL....

I think as has been said here before a new lens just depends on what you like to shoot. If the only lens you have is the 70-200 you really need a wide-angle type lens for shooting just general everyday pictures. If you are looking for a good lens for shooting animals as you said than the 70-200 you have would be good. I do agree with mike on the 50 though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back