lens help!!

swmocity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i need help getting a new lens...but i dont know which one to get...is sigma not as good as canon...i have a xt...depending on my sensor some lenses wont be as wide because of the crop factor?...i keep hearing it, but dont know what dat means

im looking for a lens with IS and USM...first of all is this site even legit?

http://sigma4less.com/canon-zoom-wi...mage-stabilizer-usm-autofocus-lens--usa-.html

http://sigma4less.com/canon-zoom-wi...105mm-f35-45-ii-usm-autofocus-lens--usa-.html

i dont know if the sigma has IS and USM

For Sigma ...

OS (Optical Stabilization) is the same as Canon IS (Image Stablization)

I believe HSM is the same as Canon USM. But I've read that HSM not as quiet as Canon.

There is nothing wrong with Sigma lens. If you read around, some even think some non-Canons are better then Canon "L"s (I do not believe this).

That 28-135 ... I believe you can get those off EBay for around $250. They are kit lens for 40Ds and probably 50Ds.

For Sigma ...

OS (Optical Stabilization) is the same as Canon IS (Image Stablization)

I believe HSM is the same as Canon USM. But I've read that HSM not as quiet as Canon.

There is nothing wrong with Sigma lens. If you read around, some even think some non-Canons are better then Canon "L"s (I do not believe this).

That 28-135 ... I believe you can get those off EBay for around $250. They are kit lens for 40Ds and probably 50Ds.

but how do i determine how wide the lens will be on my XT...i really want the 28-135 but i dont know

Any EF and EF-S lens will be compatible with our rebels...so no need to worry :)

Yep - if you don't know how a "wide" 28mm is then get to a camera store and try them out if you can! Best place for it.
the only other option is to see if there is a local camera club you can join - chances are that there will be a few people there who might have that lens (or a simliar one) that you can see the effect on your camera

Any EF and EF-S lens will be compatible with our rebels...so no need to worry :)
i know they are compatible, but i just dont know how wide it will be

may be i will go to ritz and see if i can actually fit the lens on my camera before i buy one

That is why I said what I did..those lenses you have listed are still in the range of your 18-55 that you have listed in your signature. If you want to know how wide they are just put your 18-55 on and set it to the same focal distance as those two lenses you have listed.

LoL. Let me know which one you decide on. I've been kicking myself for the past two weeks with Canon 28-135mm IS UMS vs. Sigma 18-200mm OS HSM. I'm still in hell trying to figure this one out.

That is why I said what I did..those lenses you have listed are still in the range of your 18-55 that you have listed in your signature. If you want to know how wide they are just put your 18-55 on and set it to the same focal distance as those two lenses you have listed.
ahhh...simple...why didnt i think of dat...it seems to be wide enough...28-135 covers a good amount of distance with USM and IS...ive been looking at the reviews...all of them are pretty good

LoL. Let me know which one you decide on. I've been kicking myself for the past two weeks with Canon 28-135mm IS UMS vs. Sigma 18-200mm OS HSM. I'm still in hell trying to figure this one out.
dats covers even more ground...im going to look this one up now lol

think im going to order the 28-135

wow...canon is lacking...but the price difference :(

Most reactions

Back