Lens help!

I have a D7000 and I am getting ready to purchase the 24-70 too! I can't wait to get it! Please do post pictures!

Very nice!Oh I can't wait for mine to come!

You're gonna love it. At first I didn't see much of a difference and then I started to compare pictures and that's when I can see how much sharper this lens is than my 50. I love the vibrance and contrast that comes from it as well.

In the end you need to general end up with the following zooms 14-24, 24-70, 70-200, x1.4 converter, and for primes you need 24, 35, 50, 85 all f/1.4. After that then you can get into your speciality lenses and super telephoto. What you buy first depends on what you will use the most. Generally that means the 24-70 f/2.8

I know I'm being pretty annoying with my constant lens advice question but I want to make sure I get it right the first time and not have regrets.
So I already have the 50 1.8g and I was going to pick up another lens and couldn't decide between the 85 1.4 or 24-70. Looking at photos and the fact that I think primes suit me better, what do you think if I pick up the 85 1.4g and 35 1.8g to go with my 50? I just doesn't make sense to get the 24-70 when my 50 falls in the middle of that range and I don't need to go any wider than 35, since I shoot mostly portraits anyways.
Please tell this is a good choice.

Most reactions

Back