Lens hood

Tee Bee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've just bought a Zenza Bronica ETRS and wanted to buy a lens hood for the 75mm lens. I looked on Ebay and I was shocked at the prices people were asking 70-80 plus shipping to Australia, it's ridiculous! In the end I bought a 58mm threaded hood for $15 on line.

I've had various third party hoods over the years and never had an issue. Sometimes branded stuff is too expensive and postage costs can be a lottery.

Glad you could find one that works for you. Let us know how it works. =]

Will I get arrested? Bought for 8 bucks lens hood instead of nearly $200---for Leica 35mm.
Works good, too. Amazon​

Will I get arrested? Bought for 8 bucks lens hood instead of nearly $200---for Leica 35mm.
Works good, too. Amazon​

That's a steal but I think you're safe;)

......and fleabay.

Usually there is nothing wrong with third party stuff, I have saved a fortune on batteries over the years.....

Yeah, for sure third party accessories like batteries and hoods can be great saving. The price of some self brand stuff is ridiculous.

That said, I did have a cheap battery charger that decided to melt all over a shelf in the garage. No major damage but could have been worse.

Just the one. All other stuff has been perfect.

Yeah, for sure third party accessories like batteries and hoods can be great saving. The price of some self brand stuff is ridiculous.

You are so right. ridiculous indeed!!
Makes me wonder, what is the typical (if typical) mark up on photo gear--to include cameras?

You are so right. ridiculous indeed!!
Makes me wonder, what is the typical (if typical) mark up on photo gear--to include cameras?

Well, they pretty much dictate the market for cameras and lenses etc I should think but not for the accessories mentioned here. Hence bargains are to be had.

Usually there is nothing wrong with third party stuff, I have saved a fortune on batteries over the years.....

I buy a lot off third party gear and agree the premium stuff is usually not worth the price but... when it comes to batteries I will only use the correct brand during the warranty period. I wouldn’t want to void my warranty on a $1500 camera body to save $40 on a battery.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back