Lens is a four letter word.

Perhaps it would be better if we all used English in this forum. Many in this forum, at least in this post, are not using English. We are conversing in North American, or a variant there of. A language that at times is only loosely related to English. (You cats digging my jive?)

West Coast/East Coast English is closer to Shakespearian Era English than modern UK English is.

Who cares if someone messes up on "lens". It's one of the few words in the English language that is actually phonetic.

West Coast/East Coast English is closer to Shakespearian Era English than modern UK English is.

Who cares if someone messes up on "lens". It's one of the few words in the English language that is actually phonetic.

You're not trying to tell us that "phonetic" isn't phonetic, are you?

Before you answer, I come from Philadelphia and I cheer for the Phillies. In addition, my third son is named Philip. As far as I'm concerned, "food" is not phonetic because it has the "ph" sound!

You're not trying to tell us that "phonetic" isn't phonetic, are you?

Before you answer, I come from Philadelphia and I cheer for the Phillies. In addition, my third son is named Philip. As far as I'm concerned, "food" is not phonetic because it has the "ph" sound!

Well, that's perfectly phine, but quite phrankly, none of those words are fonetic!

hummmmm you know what this entire topic reminds me of? My grandma...she used to get all worked up about grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc also...then again she was super old and a GRANDMA. :er:

hummmmm you know what this entire topic reminds me of? My grandma...she used to get all worked up about grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc also...then again she was super old and a GRANDMA. :er:

She was well ahead of her time. Can you imagine the difficulty in communicating if the TCP/IP rules were routinely ignored?

Whoe carese aboute grammare ore spellinge ,ase longe ase ite ise easye toe reade ,righte? Its'e note likee ane extrae lettere ise ane eyesoree.

I thought it was just british people mispelling it like they do "colour" :)P), but I could be wrong. The few times I've seen it, I've noticed the people were from the UK.

Most reactions

Back