Lens Issue Canon EOS 350D

Dom6663

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi! I'm new here so I am not exactly sure as to where this thread would go, but this appears to be the most appropriate spot.

I recently got into photography and recieved a Canon EOS 350D Rebel XT ect ect from my birth father as a gift. And have had no issues with the camera, my 18-55mm IS lens works fantastic on it. But my mother gave me a 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 DL Macro Super Sigma lens as well, which I have a few issues with.

It clicks into the camera perfectly, tight fit and everything, however

1. Auto Focus does not work, the camera attempts to focus it but only gets about 50% there and wont take a picture.

Now that would be fine since I prefer to use manual focus for 99% of my shots, except that it can be a pain to have to focus it every time, especially if I want to have a spontaneous picture

2. When I'm in my Aperature Value mode when shooting even with manual focus I receive an Error 99 message. My other lens does not do this.

Doing some research I discovered that there were some issues with the 70-300mm sigma lenses. However my mother used this lens in the past and has had no issues with it?

Suggestions?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back