Photos NOT OK to edit
Yo, these lens -

Nikkor AIS 50mm F1.2
Nikon AF 35mm F2.0D or this
Nikkor AF 28mm f2.8D
Nikkor AF 28-80mm F3.3-5.6G Black
Nikkor AF 50mm f1.8D
Nikkor AF 24mm f2.8D

That good enough? More light will come into the lens at that aperture, giving you able to make a faster shutter speed, right? Especially at nightclubs? I'm not new or rookie or anythin, but just makin' sure..........

Which one would you recommend? Thanks very much!

edited: made a list

Well, if you intend upon using it at night clubs, i'd go with something like the 35mm 2.0 or 28mm f2.8. That will give you a decent wide angle to get people in without having to stand back far as well as the nice aperture.

Though it does depend on a lot of what your using it for. I would stay away from the 50mm f1.2. It's really expensive, and not as sharp as the 1.8 i heard, although i could be confusing that with the 1.4. But that's my 2 cents

35mm f/2. The 50 would be too long on digital, and everything else would just be too slow for a nightclub.

Thanks for answers you both! What do you mean it would be too long on digital, how can it be too slow for a nightlcub?

Well yeah, not only nightclub purposes, but might be useful for somethin' else, like....I don't know what yet though, lol

I would stay away from the 50mm f1.2. It's really expensive, and not as sharp as the 1.8 i heard, although i could be confusing that with the 1.4.

From the price I saw, it's not expensive....it's like hundred

Thanks for answers you both! What do you mean it would be too long on digital, how can it be too slow for a nightlcub?

Well yeah, not only nightclub purposes, but might be useful for somethin' else, like....I don't know what yet though, lol

On a Nikon digital camera, 50mm acts more like a 75mm lens on a 35mm camera (50 x 1.5). 75mm (equivalent) is pretty long. You'd probably need to be at least 2m meters back to get any more than one person in the frame. You should be aiming for around the 50mm equivalent so 35 x 1.5 = 52.5mm which is in the "normal" focal length region.

f2 is pretty fast but any apertures smaller than this will, as noted above, most likely be too slow. He wasn't talking about the 35 f2 being too slow. but both the Nikkor AF 28mm f2.8D and the Nikkor AF 28-80mm F3.3-5.6G are way too slow for the low light in a club.

What about the Sigma 30mm f1.4. That too is a great lens with a focal length equivalent of 45mm. Wide enough to get people in without having to stand far back.

Cheers
Jim

Appreciate your words, Jim - I didn't think 50mm would have differences such as acting like a 75mm.....damn, you sound smart lol

i'm not sure if Sigma ones can fit the nikon cameras? I was searching for "Nikon lens" category on website.......

Thanks again - looks like I'm heading for 35 mm (that's if sigma's not a match)

edit: I see, this one? Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX - Nikon mt

Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX DC - Nikon mt <---- This one looks good too, but damn expensive!

You can get the Sigma with the Nikon mount. I want the Canon mount version. I have a 50mm f1.4 and although a great lens I feel it's too long especially when you don't have a lot of room. The 30 or 35mm region would be a better focal length for me.

Good luck with the choice. If it's down to money, the 50 f1.8 is a cracking lens and you'll probably be able to live with the focal length. Try it with an existing zoom you have. Set it to the 50mm mark and see what you think. Too long? You decide.

Sigma are the leading lens at number one, huh?

Man, I also been wanting to get a fisheye too, probably after this lens I purchase. I think it looks like I made the choice. I never experienced a fisheye thing, ya know.

Neither have I although I do have the Canon EF-S 10-22. That is one W I D E lens.....

Sounds like that's a perfect choice for panoramas

Yes it is good for that. Although set level on a good tripod, any lens would do. there's lots of software that will join your images.

Ya, u can do it without having to join the images, too (and that is cropping, lol)

1 thing I don't like about joining images is that each images will have different movements, aka each images having a different time, being into a panorama image...........

Take lots of images, all at the same exposure (shoot in manual)

I shoot in manual all the time!

Auto is for n00bs

Lol

edit: not all the time, but you know

Most reactions

Back