lens mounts for filters on a hasselblad?

zach123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've got a 120mm Carl Zeiss medium format lens for a 500c and want to get a bayonet attachment for some filters, but I don;t know what bayonet to get (B50, B60...) or what size filters to get (60,63,70?...) Any suggestions? Thanks.

I cannot tell you what size to get because I do not know what series the lens is, else I could look it up, maybe.

However, you can save a bundle of money by buying a Bayonet-to-series type adaptor so that you can use regular filters. The filter compahies get big bucks for machining the bayonet mounts and you really only need pay that price once. Go to The Filter Connection (do not know URL) and call him. He can be areally big help.

I've got a 120mm Carl Zeiss medium format lens for a 500c and want to get a bayonet attachment for some filters, but I don;t know what bayonet to get (B50, B60...) or what size filters to get (60,63,70?...) Any suggestions? Thanks.

You need to know which 120mm lens you have. They were made in a number of different series and they vary in filter size. "C" series lens often take B50 and "CF" lenses use B60 most frequently.

B50 and B60 filters are, respectively, about 50mm and 60mm in diameter so you can determine which your lens uses by using a ruler. One option is to track down an adapter that allows you to use the more common threaded filters. You would want one where the threaded filter size is larger than the Bayonet size (e.g. 52mm thread minimum with a B50 adapter and 62mm minimum with a B60). If you will be using it with a wide angle lens (<80mm) you would want to have an even larger thread size to avoid possible vignetting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back