lens price to good to be true?????

Remember this is a manual focus lens, and from what I remember, a pretty grainy lens.

IMHO, I wouldn't get it.

sabenemmons said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4687&item=3878653728&tc=photo

found this on ebay and i thought i would post and see what some other people thought about it.
saben

Well, Bill Cameta has long been a well established camera collector/dealer. However, not even him could resist making a buck or two so quick as to sell these pieces of ......... (fill in your own 4 letter word). These lenses are what they are, cheap lenses. Don't expect them to perform well, I'm sure they are going to be very soft (and you don't want to shoot portraiture with a 500mm, do you?). Although, you can try it for a few weeks and then sell it at a loss...

But my gut feeling is don't buy it. You'd be better of using a quality tele converter on a quality 200mm or 300mm lens.

Good luck.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Christie Photo said:
Well... if you're thinking this is a Canon lens, YES!

If you're thinking it's a "Canon MOUNT" Phoenix lens, then NO.

Tricky lil buggers, huh?

Don't you mean that the other way around? I think it is a canon-mount phoenix lens. Definitely not a Canon lens.

Edit: oh, nevermind... I get what you were saying now. I thought you were saying it's a canon lens. Now I see you're saying that it's too good to be true if it is a canon lens.

Unimaxium said:
Edit: oh, nevermind... I get what you were saying now. I thought you were saying it's a canon lens. Now I see you're saying that it's too good to be true if it is a canon lens.
Tricky little buggers :D

Most reactions

Back