Lens question - travel

tranceplant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am going to iceland for about a month to cycle. As you can image I want to bring my camera along with me, but I don't want to bring too much weight with me. I have a Nikin F80 with a pretty heavy lens (sigma 28-105 I think). Since I will mostly take landscape photography I was thinking about a Wide angle lens since they are much smaller and good for landscape. I don't have one and I would like to buy one (perhaps used). Anyone could give me some sugestion on what I should buy or do.

:)

Well, you could buy a 24mm. but the 28-105 gives you ..literally that much more 'scope'. Is it really too heavy to take ? I carried a 28-200 in a belt-pack, cycling around for one month...no probs.

^ hummm I guess your right! But i am trying to cut down as much as I can you know.

28-105 is not that bad for coverage. I looked up the weights of the sigmas. They have 2 versions. The 28-105mm F3.8-5.6 UC-III ASPHERICAL IF which is 10 oz. And the newer digital compatable faster lens 28-105mm F2.8-4 DG which is just over 14oz.

Sigma does have a 24-135 lens that is slightly wider range but still nearly a pound. Nikon lenses are even a couple ounces more.

Maybe you should pick up a P&S camera. Would save alot of weight and room.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back