Lens Question?

skatindj6767

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just purchased a Canon Rebel Xsi and it came with the 18-55mm lens. I also purchased a 75-300mm lens. Now I go to a lot of car shows and drag strips where people love to show off their cars. The question is, what would be the best lens for car photographs and capturing cars in motion?

hahah anything with an "L" behind it should do the trick but I guess it depends on how close you are.

If I am thinking correctly, the 18-55mm lens is slightly faster than the 75-300mm, which means you can use a faster shutter speed to stop the motion. However, if you're far away from the cars, you're not really going to get a good look at them with the 18-55mm. So, at this point, lens speed isn't really an issue, it's more of which lens can get you the reach you need. If you're getting up close and personal with the cars in the pits or garage area, or whatever it's called, the 18-55 is going to give you much better results I think. What I would really recommend though is to experiment and try both lenses in a variety of situations and decide for yourself which results you like better.

Most reactions

Back