Lens reccomendation?

mommy-medic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a D7000. Lenses include kit 18-55 from old D40, 55-200, and a 50mm 1.4 that I love!

I'm looking for two things- one is a good fast zoom lens with vr. My 55-200 isn't that great, and seems to be very grainy when zoomed in past 100-120ish, even with the ISO at 100 and shooting in daylight.

I'm also looking for a good portrait lens. I love my prime but sometimes work in cramped quarters, so I'd like something that doesn't require me to be as far from my subject, but also one that allows for adjustable focal length- (is the 18-105 vr kit lens any good or is there something sharper/better?). It must handle low light well. My 50mm does great in low light, but as mentioned I must be far from subject to capture it all- I was accepted as a photographer for "now I lay me down to sleep", a volunteer organization that provides portraiture for infant loss, and it isn't always possible/practical to stand several feet away to get the whole baby in a shot.

Budget- well, I'm certainly not made of money. It took me over a year to save up and finally get my new camera, but I do believe that quality is worth the price if it's truly quality. Under about $700 is best though, I doubt I could justify more as a hobbyist.

Suggestions?

I love my 35-70 2.8.

Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 or Tamron 28.75mm 2.8 both great for your needs, I use them both. I would sell the kit lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back