lens recommendation for Nikon

Langfizzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering what people thought of the following lenses. I plan on doing landscape and mostly waterfall photos. I have a Nikon d200 and was trying to decide between these two lenses. Or others if you have any more recommendations.

First is the Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED and second is the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM.

Or what other lens would you recommend

Thanks

Kris

Frozen_N_Time

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I just purchased Nikon - Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Zoom Lens for my Nikon D40X. Haven't really had much time to play around with it, but from the pictures my husband has taken I can see I'm in love!

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Both of those lenses are very wide. Don't get me wrong the 10-20 is one I'm considering adding to my kit since I constantly borrow it off others, but I find myself using it for 1 or 2 shots and then putting another on. A more useful range may be from the new kit lens released a while ago.

The Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S VR.

SCHNOOBS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
those two lences are very wide and a pretty penny, but what exactly would you use them for? what do you normally shoot? niche?

SCHNOOBS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Both of those lenses are very wide. Don't get me wrong the 10-20 is one I'm considering adding to my kit since I constantly borrow it off others, but I find myself using it for 1 or 2 shots and then putting another on. A more useful range may be from the new kit lens released a while ago.

The Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S VR.

isn't that a dx only lens? i forget

OP
L

Langfizzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I normally shoot landscape/waterfall pictures. I have the original 18-70mm non vr kit lens for my D200 but isn't quite wide enough and doesn't seem like a very good quality lens.

Last edited:

djacobox372

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
djacob372.deviantart.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can vouche for the sigma... it's a great lens. The nikon however is a full-frame lens, which may be a better investment considering the way everything is moving towards full frame these days.

I know you said 18mm isn't wide enough, but if you want the best quality for your $$ a 20mm f2.8 prime lens would be a good bet.

Most reactions

New Topics