Lens suggestion

What's the main difference between a 24-105 mm f/4 and 24-70 mm f/4 besides the extra focal length? Is there a quality difference in the sharpness?
The most noticeable difference between them, in my opinion, is size—the 24-105 is physically longer (107mm vs. 93mm) and a little bit heavier (about 10% heavier).
The 24-70mm f/4 is slightly sharper than the 24-105, but it's not a big difference and the 24-105 is already a very good lens. If you want a sharper lens, get a Sigma 24-105mm f/4 instead.

Main differences: The Canon 24-70 f/4 is lighter, has a macro mode, less distortion. The Canon 24-105 has the advantage of having a bit more on the long end. I can vouch for the 24-105 being an excellent general walking around lens.

For me, I will get the 24-105 and that is based on what I like to shoot. But of course, your lens choices should be based on you, not me. So get one that fit you better.

There are people use 70-200mm as walk around while some other may walk around with a 60mm Macro lens. So I will suggest find out what type of shots you think you like to take when walking0 around with your camera. Find a focal length or range that meet that need. Then look for lenses that cover that focal length or range. Once you narrow down to few lenses, find out which one is the best based on your budget.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back