Lens Suggestions for Macro

Budlimbs77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
HI Guys!

This is my first post here.. TO start her is my setup as of now.. canon rebel Xti, Speedlite 430ex II, EF-S 17-85mm lens.

I just bought the flash actually last night so I am hoping my photos will come out a lot nicer...

I just got into photography for fun and just personal photos. However, my wife and I are expecting our first child:hugs: so we are assuming we will be taking loads and loads of photos soon, hence the flash.

I have heard that the lens I have is a pretty good all around lens, but is it also good for portraits? :confused:

Second, my wife wants to start taking some macro pics of animals, insects ans probably just about anything. What kind of lens would you suggest for these sort of photos? I might have to buy this used seeing we cant afford the high prices of new canon lenses..

Thanks for the help and any sort of constructive criticism would be great...

Canon EF 100mm f2.8 macro is all you could ever want in a macro lens, and more. Plus, it also makes a good portrait lens. Downside is, it's not cheap.

Look at a 50mm f1.8 as well, just because they are so cheap. These are good for portraits, though not suitable for macro work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back