Lens Upgrade

Dominik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I finally got my Nikon d700 today! I played with it all day and I am in love with it. I only have two FX lenses for it and I was thinking of getting the 50mm 1.8G for it, but I played with the 35mm 1.8 DX and I was having so much fun with this lens! Should I stick with the 35mm or should I upgrade to a 50mm? Should I upgrade or should I save my money towards another lens?

So I finally got my Nikon d700 today! I played with it all day and I am in love with it. I only have two FX lenses for it and I was thinking of getting the 50mm 1.8G for it, but I played with the 35mm 1.8 DX and I was having so much fun with this lens! Should I stick with the 35mm or should I upgrade to a 50mm? Should I upgrade or should I save my money towards another lens?

I like 35 mm more than the 50 on fx but that's something only you would know. I would suggest getting an fx 35 prime.

I shoot with 3 primes: 28mm, 50mm, and 105mm

It covers all of the "range" of a typical zoom and usually I can compose just about any shot.

I find, usually, I will switch between the 28mm and 50mm. Lots of shots just can't be gotten with the 50mm because it's too close, and lots of shots require the reach of the 50mm....

The 105mm I touch only for portraits.

So if I were you, if you want to shoot landscapes / outdoors / cityscapes, I think you need at least two primes...

If I understood your post correctly, the 35mm DX lens is useless on your D700 if you already have a 50mm FX lens. It will give you the same field of view as your 50mm FX lens but less than half the resolution. On another note, for landscapes your best bet is a wide angle zoom such as the 14-24 or 18-35.

If I understood your post correctly, the 35mm DX lens is useless on your D700 if you already have a 50mm FX lens. It will give you the same field of view as your 50mm FX lens but less than half the resolution. On another note, for landscapes your best bet is a wide angle zoom such as the 14-24 or 18-35.

If it's in DX mode it will . Otherwise, it's a 35mm FOV with some decent amount of vignetting.

I just got a 35mm yesterday and haven't been able to put it down. Definitely happy with the purchase and plan on getting the 50mm in the future.

To end this thread I got a 50mm 1.4d AND I LOVE IT! Such a beautiful lens in low light and I only played with it. I can't wait to take it serious!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back