Lens upgrade?

masquerad101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, Im mainley shoot landscapes and I have been using my D3200s kit lens to do this. Im thinking of buying some new glass and was wondering what the best option would be for my camera and landscapes. Id preferably like one where I could set to infinity for hyper focal distancing! Has any one got any ideas?

I have two considerations for you.

1) If you're new to photography, we all started with landscapes. Some carry on and do quite well, others change their initial opinion (read: comfort zone) and move on to other aspects of photography. So you should have that thought in the back of your mind for lens choices. I don't mean to sound presumptious, it's just the nature of the beast.

2) For a UWA to WA lens, consider the Nikon 12-24mm f/4. Works brilliantly on a cropped body.

Also, look at photozone.de, Fred Miranda and ByThom (Thom Hogan) for gear reviews.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the nikkor 12-24 f/4 and its an excellent lens for landscapes. Although it is a DX lens, surprisingly it works extremely well on my full frame camera as well from the 18-24mm range. Works even better on a DX camera like yours.

I have two considerations for you.

1) If you're new to photography, we all started with landscapes. Some carry on and do quite well, others change their initial opinion (read: comfort zone) and move on to other aspects of photography. So you should have that thought in the back of your mind for lens choices. I don't mean to sound presumptious, it's just the nature of the beast.

2) For a UWA to WA lens, consider the Nikon 12-24mm f/4. Works brilliantly on a cropped body.

Also, look at photozone.de, Fred Miranda and ByThom (Thom Hogan) for gear reviews.

Hi Kundalini, Im not new to photography I started a good 7 years ago but stoped for a while dued to new baby, house, marrage (in that order all at once) but now im settled down (very stressfull time) I want to pick up the mantle again. Landscapes have always been my thing I actually started out shooting sports and bugs but as I learned I found landscapes to be my thing but thanks for the input and advice and thans to everyone else for there help as-well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back