lens usage

pocketshaver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is there a master list anywhere of what lenses can be used on what cameras anymore? So many good "aftermarket" lenses made over the decades that it gets hard to figure out if a limited production camera body is worth buying if the only "original factory lenses" are running near 200

None that I know of. In general it's best to stick with the canera manufacturer's lens or go with some of the very true and tried names like Tamron, Sigma, Tokina, Rokinon.

Another good aftermarket lens is Kiron. I pick up a mint 80-200 Kiron zoom for Pentax K-mount for $25.

Here a good data base for lenses... Lens Database

A Nikon, Canon, Pentax, or Minolta 35mm SLR will have loads of usable lenses. An Olympus, Yashica, or Ricoh will also have a lot of lenses. Nikon's F-mount, Canon's FD mount, and Minolta's MC and MD lenses, and Pentax's K-mount were all pretty popular, and MANY independent lenses were made in those mounts. m42 "or UTM, universal thread mount, also referred to as "Pentax screw mount" was quite popular, and was used by a LOT of 35mm makers, such as Practica/Praktika, Roch, Fuji, Mamiya/Sekor.etc..

A Nikon, Canon, Pentax, or Minolta 35mm SLR will have loads of usable lenses. An Olympus, Yashica, or Ricoh will also have a lot of lenses. Nikon's F-mount, Canon's FD ,mout, and Minolta's MC and MD lenses, and Pentax's K-mount were all pretty popular, and MANY independent lenses were made in those mounts. m42 "or UTM, universal thread mount, also referred to as "Pentax screw mount" was quite popular, and was used by a LOT of 35mm makers, such as Practica/Praktika, Ricoh, Fuji, Mamiya/Sekor.etc..

Most reactions

Back