lens

revid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
got a question about lens,most cameras offer the 18-55mm and the 55-200mm,others offer just the 18-200mm.Is there an advantage to buying the two or just the one,to me it would seem better to have just the one.Again others offer the 18-55 plus the 55-300mm.What would you use a 18mm for as opposed to a 55mm?

The price is a biggie....
With Nikon for example. The 55-200mm is about $175, the 18-55 is about $150... you can get both for about $325.

The 18-200mm on the other hand is about $700... more than double the price.

dSLR cameras does not "offer" a specific lens. They are made to have interchangeable lenses, so that you can choose the best for a specific application. Typically, fixed lenses are optically better than zooms, and shorter zooms are better than longer, money-equivalent, zooms. So, having two instead of one helps you in having the same quality of a longer one with less expense, or having more quality with similar expense. I have more than two, as many others.
Regarding how to use a 18mm or 55mm, just look through ;) . Or read here:http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/camera-lenses.htm

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back